French Writers, Poets & Philosophers : JULY 6 - 27
French Writers, Poets & Philosophers : JULY 6 - 27
CURRENT MEMBERS - EMAIL CARRIE ANNE FOR YOUR $40 DISCOUNT CODE.
In this four week course, Carrie Anne presents some of her favorite French authors, poets and philosophers - from Colette to Blaise Pascal. Expect an inspiring voyage through beautiful excerpts with her explanations of French grammar, writing style and historical context of each work. The texts are presented in their original French ; Carrie Anne’s comments and explanations are in French and in English.
Who is it for?
This course is for every student of the most beautiful language on Earth ready to dive into the wonderful world of French fiction, poetry and philosophy.
Who is it not for?
This course is not for beginners. Check out Basics for Beginners if you are completely new to learning French.
Duration: 4 weeks
Content delivery: You will receive one lesson per week over 4 weeks.
Commitment time: 90 minutes per week recommended
Level: Knowledge of intermediate French required (advanced-intermediate recommended)
Audios: Carrie Anne reads each excerpt and highlights grammar lessons and reading comprehension in your audio materials. Enjoy an example of Carrie Anne reading in French HERE.
E-book: Containing the commentary, excerpts and comprehension exercises.
Kindly enjoy testimonials from students who have experienced Carrie Anne’s courses and coaching style below :
Carrie Anne is extremely genuine. Her work and class content is thoughtful, engaging and tasteful. I’ve grown to expect nothing but the best from her.
- Bonnie, New York
It’s like Deepak Chopra teaching French.
- Melanie, New York
French is Beautiful has re-inspired my love of French! And more importantly, Carrie Anne's teaching approach equips students not only with the knowledge we need but the confidence to begin speaking again! I couldn't be more thankful for all I have learned and know I will continue to learn!
- Elizabeth, Chicago
Carrie Anne has rekindled my appreciation of every aspect of my life - and myself!
- Natalia, Las Vegas
After six years of taking French lessons, I still did not feel comfortable speaking the language. I came across Carrie Anne's daily pronunciation emails, and after a few days, I knew that her program was exactly what I was missing. My ability to speak French has improved dramatically! The French teach French in a methodical way that isn't really practical for making everyday conversation, while Carrie Anne's approach works from day one. If you want to learn the language, French is Beautiful is the way to do it.
- Jordan, New York
Learning French should not be a chore and it isn't with Carrie Anne. She has taught me to slow down and enjoy my journey with the French language.
- Sarah, Chicago
Carrie Anne makes learning and brushing up on French enjoyable. I started the Comprehensive course in early August and studied when I had time throughout the week. I found the way she created the material to be enjoyable and so helpful to making me feel confident in my ability to speak French. I would truly recommend this to anyone looking to connect and enhance their French speaking skills!
- Katie, Chicago
What a joy it is to study with Carrie Anne and remember all that initially drew me to French, France and her marvelous people!
- Rebecca, UK
If Paris is a moveable feast, then Carrie Anne is the Michelin starred chef of French teachers. I have been lucky enough to spend the past three months studying with Carrie Anne. It is such a breakthrough to listen to Radio France or watch a movie in French and begin to know what is being said. It is a dream come true to order in a restaurant or be understood when asking a question while traveling in France. This framework provides an amazing foundation I can build upon and continue moving forward in my French Journey. And thanks to Carrie Anne, I have come to see that it is a journey. As an adult learner I am coming to terms with the challenges of incorporating the class into my daily life and it has become the thing I do for me that breathes beauty into my day. Merci mille fois Carrie Anne !
- Pat, Maryland
New to Carrie Anne’s coaching style? Enjoy these :
FREE LIVE Coaching Call recording: click HERE.
FREE Audio lesson: The 6 French R’s, click HERE.
A refreshing + effective approach to teaching French from an American who became fluent in French through classroom studies + living in France.
ABOUT CARRIE ANNE
As a fluent non-native speaker who spent years in the classroom learning French grammar and later studying French literature at U.C. Berkeley and La Sorbonne, as well as classical piano at L'École Normale de Musique in Paris before obtaining real-world fluency, she knows precisely which aspects of the French language are perceived to be the most difficult and which aspects of French culture are the most mystifying. Carrie Anne focuses on those aspects in order to coach you to feeling fluent and expressing your full personality in French as quickly as possible. She has a licence (the French undergraduate degree) in philosophy from the Sorbonne and a Bachelor of Arts degree in music from U.C. Berkeley ; she is currently a candidate in the masters program in philosophy at the Sorbonne.
- How long does the course run? 4 weeks.
- How much time do I need to set aside for it? We suggest setting aside at least 90 minutes per week.
- Is there homework? Oui, including assigned reading as well as written and listening exercises.
- Will I be graded? Non.
- Will I receive personalized feedback on my work and progress? Non, but we welcome you to share your experience with Carrie Anne on social media or in the private Facebook group for French is Beautiful alumni.
- Do I need to be online at certain times in order to participate? No. The beauty of this course is that you can take the materials with you to be enjoyed anytime, anywhere that you have an internet connection.
- Will I have access to all of the course's content at once? NO, you will receive one lesson per week over 4 weeks.
- Do I need to already know French to participate? If so, how much? Yes, intermediate knowledge is required.
- What if I don't love it? As this course is delivered completely digitally, returns and/or refunds are not available. We encourage you to enjoy all of the available free content on this site, including our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud accounts for more free content, to determine if Carrie Anne’s method and coaching style are right for you before making your purchase. The Université 1 & 2 programs come with a first lesson trial offer.