The Subjunctive : July 6 - 27
The Subjunctive : July 6 - 27
The Subjunctive is an online class created for intermediate to advanced learners looking for an inspiring French grammar experience centered around the most beautiful tense in the French language. Carrie Anne created this course in response to the requests made by her students in the February 2019 Membership that addressed the subjunctive (that content is now available HERE as a brief self-study course).
The subjonctif is also addressed in the Refresher Course, however with less nuances and exercises.
Carrie Anne’s powerful coaching style and unique perspective on learning French will inspire you in this online classroom format. You will finish this course with a newfound love for le subjonctif.
Kindly enjoy testimonials from students who have experienced Carrie Anne’s coaching style below :
Carrie Anne is extremely genuine. Her work and class content is thoughtful, engaging and tasteful. I’ve grown to expect nothing but the best from her.
- Bonnie, New York
French is Beautiful has re-inspired my love of French! And more importantly, Carrie Anne's teaching approach equips students not only with the knowledge we need but the confidence to begin speaking again! I couldn't be more thankful for all I have learned and know I will continue to learn!
- Elizabeth, Chicago
After six years of taking French lessons, I still did not feel comfortable speaking the language. I came across Carrie Anne's daily pronunciation emails, and after a few days, I knew that her program was exactly what I was missing. My ability to speak French has improved dramatically! The French teach French in a methodical way that isn't really practical for making everyday conversation, while Carrie Anne's approach works from day one. If you want to learn the language, French is Beautiful is the way to do it.
- Jordan, New York
Learning French should not be a chore and it isn't with Carrie Anne. She has taught me to slow down and enjoy my journey with the French language.
- Sarah, Chicago
Carrie Anne makes learning and brushing up on French enjoyable. I started the Comprehensive course in early August and studied when I had time throughout the week. I found the way she created the material to be enjoyable and so helpful to making me feel confident in my ability to speak French. I would truly recommend this to anyone looking to connect and enhance their French speaking skills!
- Katie, Chicago
What a joy it is to study with Carrie Anne and remember all that initially drew me to French, France and her marvelous people!
- Rebecca, UK
The French is Beautiful monthly membership has brought so much value and inspiration to me, more than any other web or podcast materials I have tried. It's fun and engaging, as Carrie Anne breathes life into studying French, making the gap between where I am now and where I want to be an exciting one to explore! Receiving the emails feels like opening a gift with surprising new content each month and I feel part of an awesome international community of like-minded souls. Carrie Anne is the teacher you wish you had tutoring you every day, but the monthly is a pretty good compromise. Thanks, Carrie Anne, for changing my mindset around studying French.
- Rachel, Australia
If Paris is a moveable feast, then Carrie Anne is the Michelin starred chef of French teachers. I have been lucky enough to spend the past three months studying with Carrie Anne. It is such a breakthrough to listen to Radio France or watch a movie in French and begin to know what is being said. It is a dream come true to order in a restaurant or be understood when asking a question while traveling in France. This framework provides an amazing foundation I can build upon and continue moving forward in my French Journey. And thanks to Carrie Anne, I have come to see that it is a journey. As an adult learner I am coming to terms with the challenges of incorporating the class into my daily life and it has become the thing I do for me that breathes beauty into my day. Merci mille fois Carrie Anne !
- Pat, Maryland
Audio instruction with lesson explanations and pronunciation and listening comprehension exercises.
Course E-book (in PDF form) with lesson notes, grammar explanations and written exercises.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Subjunctive is an online class created for intermediate to advanced learners looking for an inspiring and elevating French grammar experience.
WHO IS IT NOT FOR?
This program is not for beginners.
Duration: Divided into 4 sections, it is recommended to be completed over 4 weeks, but designed to be used at your own pace.
Teaching style: Self-study materials used in a guided online classroom format.
Content delivery: One lesson will be delivered per week via email, including written and audio content.
Commitment time: 1-2 hours per week recommended
Level: Intermediate - Advanced Intermediate - A2 / B2 DELF
Audio: 4 instructional audios
Course Workbook: E-book (in PDF form) containing lesson notes, grammar explanations and written exercises.
New to Carrie Anne’s coaching style? Enjoy these :
FREE Audio lesson: from Basics for Beginners, click HERE.
FREE Audio lesson: The 6 French R’s, click HERE.
ABOUT CARRIE ANNE
As a fluent non-native speaker who spent years in the classroom learning French grammar and later studying French literature at U.C. Berkeley and La Sorbonne, as well as classical piano at L'École Normale de la Musique in Paris before obtaining real-world fluency, she knows precisely which aspects of the French language are perceived to be the most difficult. Carrie Anne focuses on those aspects in order to coach you to feeling fluent and expressing your full personality in French as quickly as possible. She has a licence (the French undergraduate degree) in philosophy from the Sorbonne and a Bachelor of Arts degree in music from U.C. Berkeley ; she is currently a candidate in the masters program in philosophy at the Sorbonne.
- How long does the course run? Divided into 4 sections, it is recommended to be completed over 4 weeks, but designed to be used at your own pace.
- How much time do I need to set aside for the course? We suggest setting aside 1-2 hours per week in order to complete it over 4 weeks.
- Is there homework? Oui.
- Will I be graded? Yes. You will have the opportunity to grade your work immediately and learn from any incorrect answers using the answer key provided in your Course E-book.
- Will I receive feedback on my work and progress? Yes. You will have the opportunity to grade your work using the provided answer key. You will also be able to communicate with Carrie Anne in the private Facebook group or via email. For one-on-one guidance, please consider a private coaching session with Carrie Anne.
- Do I need to be online at certain times in order to participate? No.
- Will I have access to all of the course's content at once? No. You will receive one lesson per week over the course of 4 weeks.
- Do I need to already know French to participate? This course is intended for students who already have at least an intermediate knowledge of the French language (present and past tense verbs, negation, etc.).
- When will I be able to watch a French movie without subtitles/read a French book or French magazine? Bonne question. Starting today! The best way to learn quickly is to begin at your ideal destination, with your imagined goal, using films, books and blogs whose subjects inspire you (not beginner’s materials). However, in order to comprehend most of what is being said in a French film without subtitles, or written in French without a dictionary handy, you will need to successfully complete Basics for Beginners, Université 1 or Comprehensive, Université 2 and, of course, make an effort to have French in your daily life using our free weekly French Weekend emails, par exemple.
- What if I don't love it? As this course is delivered completely digitally, returns and/or refunds are not available. We encourage you to enjoy all of the available free content on this site, including our Instagram, Facebook and SoundCloud accounts for more free content, to determine if Carrie Anne’s method and coaching style are right for you before making your purchase. The Université 1 & 2 programs come with a first lesson trial offer.