LIMITED RELEASE! Available now through August 16, 2018 - to be re-released in summer 2019 thereafter.
Summer French is the world’s first digital self-study course that goes perfectly with a glass of rosé during the longest, sweetest days of les vacances. Forming phrases in French will feel as natural as saying your name, thanks to Carrie Anne’s innovative methodology that actually encourages you to translate from English when speaking and writing in French.
Finally, a program that embraces your French Journey as it is without pressuring you to control your brain’s natural way of processing new information. You will feel très confident about your potential to speak French fluidly after completing this self-study online program.
Spend the deepest days of l’été (summer) diving into the French language and its chic summer culture. Feel like you went away on vacation in the French Riviera and made best friends with French verbs, adjectives and pronunciation.
New to Carrie Anne’s coaching style? Want a taste? S’il vous plaît, enjoy these:
FREE Audio lesson: Manners + Essential Phrases (from our Basics for Beginners self-study program), click HERE.
FREE Coaching Call audio: Find out how to hold a champagne flute correctly, experience one of Carrie Anne’s Paris Méditations, learn some slang, refresh your adjectives and enjoy a live Q+A, click HERE.
FREE Audio lesson: VERB Conjugations Practice, click HERE.
FREE Audio lesson: Pronunciation Drill (from our Basics for Beginners self-study program ), click HERE.
When to use the imparfait and the passé composé (Carrie Anne’s trick for this will change the way you see these tenses forever); how to memorize once and for all the gender of French nouns while learning new adjectives; tricks for improving your listening comprehension; verbs in the présent, passé composé, imparfait and futur proche tenses; the many ways to say ‘the' and ‘some’ en français; how to learn French successfully.
Over 3.5 hours of audio materials
64-page Course e-book (in PDF form), including a sneak peak into everyone’s favorites - the Dream in French and Paris Méditations content.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Summer French is for everyone looking for a chic, summer-vibed, self-paced French program. It was created for Advanced Beginning - Beginning Intermediate students seeking content that is modern and connected to the nuances of French culture. Also for anyone who desires a refreshing, effective approach to teaching French from an American who became fluent in French through classroom studies and living in France or who needs tricks for overcoming the most intimidating parts of French.
Summer French gently lights up the more advanced steps of your French Journey.
All of the grammar concepts and vocabulary taught in this program are solidified for you via dictation exercises - Carrie Anne has built the practice part in for you to show you how she learned French successfully.
WHO IS IT NOT FOR?
This program is not for anyone who has successfully taken the B2 DELF exam (or beyond). Also not for anyone looking for a course with an online community and personalized feedback - check out Learn French the French is Beautiful Way or private coaching with Carrie Anne if that is what you are looking for.
You will never again find yourself desperately trying to ‘think in French’ (which is not only impossible at first, but, frankly, not helpful).
Definite and indefinite articles - the many ‘the’s’ and the several ‘some’s’ in French with Carrie Anne’s innovative methodology that actually uses translation to help you finally understand these tiny, but hugely important, words en français.
Adjectives - understand their placement, their spelling and how to truly master them by creating adjectives from verbs on the fly and changing their meaning by placing them before / after the noun.
Carrie Anne’s 2-for-1 trick for memorizing the gender of French nouns as you learn new adjectives.
A complete vocabulary list of the most useful (and most beautiful) adjectives in French.
Prepositions - never fumble again when deciding to use en or dans, when talking about going to a country or traveling to a city (or visiting a region en France or a state aux États-Unis!).
As she does with all of the programs she creates, Carrie Anne ends Summer French generously by providing you with a detailed outline for continuing your French Journey and deepening your French verb practice.
Never again mispronounce elles sont or elles ont.
Discover a new way to understand and use le passé composé and l’imparfait based on how French people actually speak.
Master expressing future actions.
See negation as simple as making a cheese and butter baguette sandwich.
Begin to combine verbs fluidly using the correct linking prepositions.
Duration: Divided into 4 sections, it is recommended to be completed over 4 weeks, but designed to be used at your own pace.
Teaching style: Self-study
Content delivery: All four lessons will be delivered together following your purchase.
Commitment time: 3 hours per week recommended
Level: Advanced Beginning - Beginning Intermediate (A2 - B1 DELF)
Audio: 9 audios containing pronunciation exercises, memorization drills and dictation (listening comprehension activities) for study + practice.
Course e-book: 64-pages containing lesson notes, memorization tips, grammar explanations, audio recording transcripts and written exercises, including answer keys so that you can self-correct immediately.
ABOUT CARRIE ANNE
As a fluent non-native speaker who spent years in the classroom learning French grammar and later studying French literature at U.C. Berkeley and La Sorbonne, as well as classical piano at L'École Normale de Musique in Paris before obtaining real-world fluency, she knows precisely which aspects of the French language are perceived to be the most difficult. Carrie Anne focuses on those aspects in order to coach you to feeling fluid and expressing your full personality in French as quickly as possible.
- How long does the course run? Divided into 4 sections, it is recommended to be completed over 4 weeks, but designed to be used at your own pace.
- How much time do I need to set aside for the course? We suggest setting aside 3 hours per week in order to complete it over 4 weeks.
- Is there homework? Oui.
- Will I be graded? Yes. You will have the opportunity to grade your work immediately and learn from any incorrect answers using the answer key provided in your Course e-book.
- Will I receive personalized feedback on my work and progress? No. You will have the opportunity to grade your work using the provided answer key. For personalized pronunciation feedback as well as feedback on written exercises, please consider a private coaching session with Carrie Anne.
- Do I need to be online at certain times in order to participate? No.
- I'm not ready to sign-up now. Will this course be offered again? This self-study program will be available until August 16, 2018, after which it will NOT be available again until summer 2019.
- Will I have access to all of the course's content at once? Yes.
- Do I need to already know French to participate? If so, how much? Knowing some French already is suggested (advanced beginning or beginning intermediate level). That said, we love highly motivated beginners! This is a very inspiring, relax-paced course that will teach you the essentials necessary to understand beginning French and give you the tools to continue your French Journey into more advanced-intermediate territory. If you already do know some French and would like to review the basics as a preliminary step before registering for our Comprehensive course, this course is perfect for that.
- When will I be able to watch a French movie without subtitles / read a French book or French magazine? Bonne question. Starting today! The best way to learn quickly is to begin at your ideal destination, with your imagined goal, using films, books and blogs whose subjects inspire you (not beginner’s materials). However, in order to comprehend most of what is being said in a French film without subtitles, or written in French without a dictionary handy, you will need to successfully complete Summer French and / or Basics for Beginners, Université 1 or Comprehensive, Université 2 and, of course, make an effort to have French in your daily life using our free weekly French Weekend emails, par exemple.
- What if I don't love it? As this course is delivered in-full upon purchase, and completely digitally, returns and/or refunds are not available. We encourage you to enjoy all of the available free content on this site, including our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud accounts for more free content, to determine if Carrie Anne’s method and coaching style are right for you before making your purchase. The Université 1 & 2 programs come with a first lesson trial offer.